Pages

Share The Feeling

Follow truewinner72 on Twitter Tell a Friend Tell a Friend

6/09/2011

Persistence: Pushing forward despite difficulty

This is a character trait that I need to work on. It is easy to say "yes" I am going to do something, the real challenge is following through and seeing the task to the end. What often happens with me is that I will hear an inspirational speech and get psyched up to do something only to have that immense feeling of energy and being able to take over the world disappear the next day. I have been trying to find ways to keep that energy going continually and what I have found it boils down to is PERSISTENCE.
Persistence gives one the ability to continue moving forward towards their goals, no matter what obstacles come their way. With me it is often laziness or a lack of faith that my dream or goal will actually come to fruition that will kill the "conquer the world" energy that was given to me by the motivational speaker. If I strengthen my persistence by continually focusing and reciting my goals to myself, I will be able to put negative thoughts and laziness in its place and persevere to accomplish my goals.
If anyone else has tips on how they keep persistence in achieving their goals, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment