Pages

Share The Feeling

Follow truewinner72 on Twitter Tell a Friend Tell a Friend

6/10/2011

Overcoming Indecisiveness

        Often times I get stuck trying to figure out my next plan of action that I end up wasting a lot of time sitting still and getting nothing done. I know what I want as the final result, but I get stuck on choosing from the variety of paths that are laid in front of me. What I am starting to realize is the best way to fix this issue is to simply DO. It is not the action that you choose to take that is important, rather that you do actually take action. It is like the old saying "All roads lead to Rome". Yes some roads are quicker than others, but you are a lot better off traveling the long road then spending all of your time trying to decide which path is the shortest.
         This also applies to people who spend all their time trying to prepare to do something, but never actually do it. Too often people will tell themselves that they are not ready for an event so they will continue studying or practicing something while putting off the task that they are preparing for. This is not to say that studying and practice is not important, however, there comes a time where you have to put everything that you learned to the test. The best way to learn is through experience and the only way to gain that experience is to take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment