Pages

Share The Feeling

Follow truewinner72 on Twitter Tell a Friend Tell a Friend

6/12/2011

Simple Truths of Disneyland

Last week I went to Disneyland and I could not help but marvel at all of the imagination that went into making this one man's dream a reality. As soon as you cross the ticket lines and step into Disneyland you are literally walking into Walt Disney's world. His dreams, ideas, and visions are all made real to the visitors that come in to explore it. All through out the day, as I rode on the rides and saw the various attractions, I wondered to myself how all of this was possible, how this one man could create an entire world that is enjoyed by people of all ages generations after his death. Before my family and I left the park, we watched the firework finale and it all became clear to me.

During the firework show music and soundbites of various Disney characters were played in order to accompany the amazing lights in the sky. The reoccurring theme of what the characters were saying was simple, "BELIEVE AND YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE". That's when it hit me. How could I not I see this before, it was so obvious. Believe it and it will come true. That's when I realized amidst all of the bright colors and cartoon characters that this is a truth that we all know and fully embrace as a child.

It is funny how something so simple that we learn it as a child is forgotten by the vast majority of teens and adults. Somewhere along the line someone tells us that we can't do something; that believing in your dreams is childish and for whatever reason we believe them. A great quote from the movie "The Pursuit of Happiness" is when Chris Gardner, portrayed by Will Smith, tells his son "If people can't do something themselves, they want to tell you you can't do it." Unfortunately this is often the case. Some people let the world beat them down so much that there is nothing left for them but to destroy the dreams of others. It is a sick cycle of defeat that continually forces itself upon the younger generation, crushing dreams before they ever have the chance of becoming a reality. Instead of letting this continue, let's fight back against this negative cycle, embrace our childhood nature, and reclaim our belief in our dreams so that they will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment